Are you a Local Contractor Interested in Working with Us?
Register with Us for Bid Opportunities
The San Bernardino Community College District’s (SBCCD) Facilities Planning and Construction Vendor Portal is facilitated by PlanetBids; a web enabled eProcurement system. Registered vendors receive automatic bid alerts notifications based on the commodity codes selected, can download bid documents, become prospective bidders and bid electronically when applicable.
SBCCD and Prequalification
The San Bernardino Community College District has adopted a districtwide Prequalification
Program to: (1) reach out to and establish well qualified pools of contractors and
subcontractors who will perform District projects; (2) permit enrollment in such pre-qualified
pools on a regular/ongoing basis; and (3) develop and implement prequalification processes
and procedures which are designed to be inclusive of the residents, Local Businesses,
and contractors living in, and/or who have business located in, close proximity to
the projects being constructed and then within the District’s boundaries. This program
will apply to construction projects between $200,001 and $3,000,000.
RFQ for the District's Prequalification Program is currently being updated and will be available shortly.
Uniform Construction Cost Accounting Procedures
The District is authorized to engage in an Informal Bidding process for award of construction contracts valued at $200,000 or less. Under Informal Bidding procedures, potential bidders must complete and submit a Qualifications Application, and be deemed by the District to be a “Qualified Bidder” based upon the information provided in the application. If selected for this pool of contractors, your firm's name will be added to the District's qualified contractors list and may be considered for certain construction jobs under $200,000 that are informally bid. Please note that in order to participate in any UCCAP bid, a contractor must, at the time of the bid:
- Have a current, valid California contractor license in the trade(s) for which the company is qualified, under the name shown in the UCCAP application.
- Provide a certificate of insurance showing current commercial general liability coverage of at least $1,000,000 per occurrence/$2,000,000 aggregate.
- Provide a certificate of insurance showing current workers compensation coverage as required by the Labor Code, or be legally self-insured pursuant to Labor Code §3700. If exempt from this requirement because there are no employees, show evidence of exemption issued by the Contractors State License Board.
- Provide a letter of bondability from a California-admitted surety stating current bonding rate and available bonding capacity.
- Be eligible to bid or be awarded a public works contract, or perform as a subcontractor on a public works contract, pursuant to Labor Code §1777.7.
Register with us at Planet Bids here to apply for the District's UCCAP programs and to stay updated on upcoming Measure CC procurement opportunities.
Need help? View our cheat sheet
Want to Know Who is Working with Us on Measure CC Projects?
Over the next several years contracts will be awarded to firms that have successfully bid and won contracts for Measure CC projects. To find out who these firms are, visit here to see an interactive map.